With the same prompt from yesterday, students were charged with identifying:
1. A thesis for this prompt.
2. Writing one body paragraph, using TWO sources, just as they would if writing the actual essay.
Today we finished the story The Yellow Wallpaper. Students continued to identify elements of the notes yesterday while reading as evidence of the author's purpose.
Students addressed the below questions after finishing the story:
1. Describe the narrator's mental state--use evidence.
2. At the end, what does the wallpaper eventually come to symbolize?
3. What statement is the author ultimately making in this piece? How does that connect today?
First podcast submission is due by 11:59 this evening.
HW: Read Sense of Style p. 46-56 for Tuesday
Assessment is tomorrow.
Today we examined the FINAL type of essay on the AP exam: Synthesis. Students will take a crack at this essay type next week.
Even though we met in the CCC today, vocabulary persists!
Vocab! #5 21-30
Review is Thursday and assessment is this Friday!