Today we brought technology into the classroom!
We read pages 25-37 of Anthem and answered questions from the app Socrative Student. Students downloaded this app and answered questions electronically about the text. The results posted on the smart board, which was pretty cool.
In case you missed our super awesome high tech assignment and need to do this old school:
1. Considering the images being presented so far: leaders in togas, claim the world is flat, and the newest invention was 100 years ago and it was a candle. What type of civilization does this seem to be to you? Explain thoroughly.
2. Speculate as to why people enter the Home of the Useless at 40. Also, why at 45, you are an Ancient One.
3. Why are people "damned who touch the things from the Unmentionable Times" (p. 32-33).
4. Explain why Equality 7-2521 is false in the faces of his brothers, even though he does not regret it.
5. What is your reaction, so far, to Equality 7-2521?
This is the seventh year Mrs. DeWitz has taught Freshman. It is her eighth year at Thornton.