In groups, students tackled the above listed article, and answered the questions below in the text.
1. pg 91--What are examples of "government interventions?"
2. pg 91--Clarify--What are the "Two Americas" that the author refers to?
3. pg 92--Evaluate--What is problematic about women choosing to have children outside of wedlock, in terms of poverty?
4. pg 93--Clarify--Why is education the second greatest characteristic of poverty?
5. pg 92--Connect-- Based on what you have read, how does this connect to the poverty we've seen in Gang Leader for a Day?
This is the seventh year Mrs. DeWitz has taught Freshman. It is her eighth year at Thornton.