We completed the reading from yesterday, and conferenced essays.
In the continuation of identity, we are examining an essay by a Chinese American author, Amy Tan.
The below questions are to be answered in essay.
1. Annotate examples of racism/stereotypes
2. How does Tan walk in "two worlds?"
3. How does the author identify herself?
4. What profound connections does the author make about the power of language?
5. What considerations of language occur when considering ebonics or slang?
Happy Valentine's Day!
We took our 6th vocab assessment.
Student were reminded that their reading journals are due three weeks from tomorrow.
Essays are due by 4pm TODAY.
Assessment is tomorrow!
This is the ninth year Mrs. DeWitz has taught Freshman.