Today and tomorrow, students are conducting research for their community issues essay.
Students were given the chance to finish yesterday's work.
We then reviewed the community issues project.
Today students examined the articles they sent in earlier in the month, noting the issues of the area.
Vocab Assessment #5
Honors Project--you should be revising your essays
Required Project--you should be reading your novels/getting your permission slips in to me
Assessment is tomorrow.
Today we examine an essay surrounding the style of policing in America. Students addressed the questions below, while annotating the text.
1. What is the overarching issue?
2. What is his position on policing?
3. How can this be helped with social media exposure?
Today we examined an excerpt from the novel, Nickel and Dime--"Serving in Florida." We discussed the questions below:
1. What is the overarching issue of this excerpt?
2. What is the author's position on poverty?
3. How can this issue be helped with social media exposure--or can it?
Students read the counter claim to yesterday's article.
This is the ninth year Mrs. DeWitz has taught Freshman.