Last set of vocab for this cycle! This week is the FIRST vocab assessment.
Please remember that tomorrow the reading from Friday is due.
We are MAP testing!
The below was given as weekend read/annotating. There are activities to complete as well. It is due Tuesday.
Today we embarked on an important journey.
In order to study, research, and discuss challenging topics, students are going to examine what influences their worldview, so that we can examine issues with other lenses and perspectives. This project is due Friday, Oct. 4th.
In this final type of note taking, students learned about Power Notes.
Today we learned about Mind Mapping!
Below you will find the article and class by class examples. Students finished the last section for homework.
Additionally, students were given pages 24-30 from Ideas and Aims to read for homework.
Today we are examining one of three types of note taking strategies--two column notes.
Students are finishing the article for homework.
Today we are setting up our google mail accounts. Follow the link here to be able to generate your email address.
All District 205 students are given a school gmail account. Log-in and set it up.
Email: FIRST 4 letters of last name
FIRST name initial
LAST 4 digits of ID + @ttdistrict205.net
1. Send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject write your first and last name
- In the email body, explain how you spent your summer. (I want a paragraph-ish)
- Open Microsoft Word and send an word attachment, too.
- In the attachment, explain what your post high school plans are (so far)
2. Let me know when you send it, so I can verify the email and give you participation points.
3. After creating a google mail, saving on our H Drive, and sending attachments, students are going to address the below reader letter in google docs. The assignment does not get credit unless shared with me on google docs to the email email@example.com.
-- your reading history (reading when you were a child).
-- how reading was for you in elementary school.
-- how reading changed once you entered middle school
-- how you think reading changes in high school
-- how reading will impact your future plans (college/career)
-- your reading goal for the school year
This is a LETTER from YOU to ME. Please set it up accordingly.
Today we took our pre-assessment. If you were absent, see me in CP to make up.
Students were assigned the below reading for Thursday.
We started our vocab!!
The vocab packet is due Wednesday. Find all the notes under the "vocabulary" tab.
This is the ninth year Mrs. DeWitz has taught Freshman.